Microsoft Certified Professional
A Microsoft Certified Professional is a trained and certified professional technician responsible for the operation of an organization’s software programs and technology. Microsoft professional techs address client issues, set up programs and respond to any queries that customers have regarding manufacturer's software products.
Generally, these technicians specialize in the setting up, operation and maintenance of client Microsoft applications and programs. Businesses in the Telecom and IT sectors remain in need of either full time or freelance certified professionals to ensure business productivity.
Certified experts in Microsoft professional provide technical support to the organization in various areas such as client operating systems, networks, web design, desktop support and more. The Microsoft technicians provide consistent and qualified support for client-run Microsoft products, servers, clouds, and systems.
The Microsoft Certification professional remains vital for companies and network centers to perform their day-to-day responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Microsoft Certified Professionals include a variety of different computer and technology-related duties as set by organizational policy.
Microsoft certified professionals (MCPs) are certified professionals who focus on Microsoft information technology plans and applications. Specialists in the field of Microsoft programs, they focus their technical maintenance skills in different areas, starting from operating systems to web development.
The standard roles and responsibilities of Microsoft Certified Professionals include the following:
- Manage IT departments and serve as liaisons with applicable departments to suggest software and system upgrades
- Provide IT support to internal employees across the enterprise
- perform new employee workstation setups
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, via the installation and upgrading of software and configuration systems and applications
- Document IT-related processes and workflows
- Evaluate IT processes and recommend changes
- Create and maintain historical records through the documentation of hardware and software changes and revisions
How to Become a Microsoft Certified Professional:
Microsoft Certified Professionals must first possess a degree in computer science, information Technology or related areas. Apart from this specialized degree, the candidate undertakes a formal training program specialized for the job position and earns this certification by passing a comprehensive exam. The exam must be prepared for and scheduled in advance.
The gateway to obtain a Microsoft certification is divided into stages to validate the level of expertise for the holder.
Generally, MCSA certifications need the professional to pass two or more assessments in order to attain the certificate. Based on the MCSA selected, professionals are either required to clear a fixed path of tests or can opt from a list of exams known as optional.
MCSE and MCSD accreditations now only need persons to clear a single exam, every certification has a list of aligned optional test that the individual can opt for.
Current certifications include the following:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Specialist
Nowadays, the organization has a preference for certified specialists for better productivity. Microsoft is continually updating its certification plans to align with the latest technologies and job responsibilities. As of 2017, the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) platform has three key skill levels: Technology Associate (MTA), Solutions Associate (MCSA), and Solutions Expert (MCSE/MCSD).
MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certifications target to check your proficiency regarding specific Microsoft technologies, products and solutions inclusive of server operating systems and web development.
Professionals will have the option to finish the programs in 4 different levels of certification. These are as follows:
- The Microsoft Certified Technology Associate & Microsoft Certified Technology specialist accreditations make up the technology level certifications and are the most simple of the authorizations that are possible as they are meant as entry-level professionals. These certifications are fundamentals to undertake the professional level courses and are trained towards capability in exact Microsoft technologies.
- The professional level of certification includes the Microsoft Professional developer, and Microsoft Certified IT Professional certifications. These certifications are intended at software developers that are developing .NET applications.
- The Microsoft Certified Master certifications will fit for IT experts with a wealth of experience in working with Microsoft server products and services.
- The Microsoft Certified Architect is the highest level of certification that is offered and is intended for individuals that are very experienced in the field of enterprise architecture.
After completing the MCP certification, you will have a wealth of opportunity available to you as far as career options are concerned. This will depend on the path that you chose to pursue when undertaking your studies. A few examples of possible career options include the following:
- System Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Web Developer
- Software Developer
- Database Administrator
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Enterprise Architect
- Systems Architect
Obtaining MCP certification will see you become an in-demand professional in a field that is ever-expanding and full to the brim with career opportunities. Whether you wish to become certified in order to enhance your current career or are studying in order to break into the world of IT, the MCP has a certification that will match your current skill level.
As per Payscale, the average salary for this position averages $76,000 per annum across the U.S. Part-time work can offer numerous options for career boosts as well as future employment opportunities. In the IT field, Top Freelance Marketplaces like FieldEngineer.com provides a sought-after platform for freelance technicians.
How Field Engineer Can Help You Find The Next Project
Are you in search of opportunities to get placed as a Freelance Microsoft Professional technician in the global marketplace? FieldEngineer serves a unified digital platform that will meet your requirements anytime and anywhere. It will help you showcase your skills in the IT & Telecom industry across the globe. Signup and apply for top projects.
Field Engineer is one of the fastest growing On-Demand Marketplace globally. We currently host more than 40,000 Field Engineers from 180+ countries.