Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
Our Website and Services are directed to the general public. Minors under eighteen (18) years of age are prohibited from using the Site and Services. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information from visitors who are under the age of 13 or have any reasonable grounds for believing that children under the age of 13 are accessing our Website or using our Services. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us.
Type of Data We Collect
We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. “Personal Information” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
Information You Provide to Us
- We may collect Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing address, phone, financial information and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- When you use the Services on our Site our payment processor will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, ACH information, credit card information, billing information and direct deposit information. We take reasonable efforts to securely store your ACH information. Your credit card information is stored by our credit card processor.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- Our Services facilitate communications between Providers and Customers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail or SMS, we will collect your name and e-mail address or phone number, as well as any other content included in the e-mail or SMS message, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional information that you knowingly provide.
- When you post messages on the Services or on a Social Networking Site (“SNS”) where we have a page or presence (collectively “SNS Pages”), the information contained in your posting may be republished on our Site and other users may be able to see them.
Information Collected via Technology
- In an effort to improve the quality of the Service, we track information provided to us by your browser or by our software application when you view or use the Service, such as the website you came from (known as the “referring URL”), the type of browser you use, the device from which you connected to the Service, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. We track this information using cookies, or small text files which include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to a user’s browser from our servers and are stored on the user’s computer hard drive. Sending a cookie to a user’s browser enables us to collect Non-Personal information about that user and keep a record of the user’s preferences when utilizing our services, both on an individual and aggregate basis.
Use of Your Personal Information
Field Engineer processes Personal Information as a Controller (and in some cases, a Processor), as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes including those of third parties; and
- perform marketing or data analysis.
Our software may use your Personal Information to make automated decisions including
Use of Non-Personal Information
If our information practices change at any time in the future, we will post the policy changes to the Site so that you may opt out of the new information practices. We suggest that you check the Site periodically if you are concerned about how your information is used.
Important Information About Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time our App wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that our App seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Field Engineer makes use of location-based data for our Site or App to connect you with other users near you that can either offer or are in need of Services. A Customer may require mandatory geo-location tracking for Providers to qualify for certain jobs which will only occur the day and times in which the job takes place and at the location of the job. If you choose not to allow Field Engineer to access your location, some or all functionality, including listed jobs in the geo-location, or jobs with a mandatory geo-location tracking requirement may not be available to you.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to perform marketing; to run data analysis; to facilitate creation of accounts; to process payments, to provide technical support; to conduct background checks on users, and/or to provide other services to the Company.
Links to Third Party Websites
Your Rights Regarding the Use of Your Personal Information
Security of Your Personal Information
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks
International Data Transfers
Please be advised that at this time Field Engineer does not comply with the U.S.-EU Privacy Shield as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries (https://www.privacyshield.gov/) and, as such, people resident in countries subject to such frameworks should not make use of the Field Engineer Services.
Notice to California Residents. Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (1) a list of the categories of information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please write to us with a reference to California Disclosure Information at:
We’re committed to supporting our customers to prepare for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We’re working on implementing our readiness program across our organization. This involves:
- Conducting a gap analysis
- Planning policy and product changes, specifically around data access, management and portability
- Reviewing our contract commitments with our customers and vendors
- At the same time we’re closely following the developing interpretations and guidelines on key provisions of the GDPR from the EU Article 29 Working Party and are adapting our plans accordingly.
We’ll be ready to share more detailed information regarding our progress soon and commit to being GDPR ready by the 25 May 2018.
For any questions or data requests, reach out to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at email@example.com.
If you act as a Controller as defined by the GDPR, please review our Data Processor Agreement.
Access, Correction, Deletion
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the Personal Information that you may have provided through your use of the Services. If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Information we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained from our Service, you may contact us at:.
At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database.
You may update, correct, or delete your Account information and preferences at any time by accessing your Account settings page on the Service. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
You may decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service.
At any time, you may object to the processing of your Personal Information, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law.