The Telecommunications Implementation Network Technician should analyze and plan network installation and testing. The professional must examine the customer orders and other technical specifications. The Network Technician should assist in the documenting the network diagram and gather all the supplies necessary for the installation. They should communicate with the customers and vendors at all levels of skills.
The Telecommunications technician must take of gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools. The professional will be responsible for performing detailed equipment engineering for any new networks. They have to install, configure and obtain all the necessary management approvals. The professional will provide technical assistance to network projects, Telecommunication systems and process.
The Telecommunications Implementation Network Technician is to install cables and create voice and data networks. The professional also handles the installation of other telecommunication equipment. Apart from these, the other additional responsibilities include:
- Recognize and rectify a wide range of complex data and telephony network related issues
- Ability to understand the principles of networking technologies
- Hands-on experience with Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) protocols
- Examine and install the network and telecommunications equipment and circuits
- Identify and resolve any issue related to network and its equipment
- Discuss the adverse network conditions with the subordinates as and when they arise
- Keep yourself updated with current and new applicable technologies
- Organize and plan site surveys and have a proper understanding of the site
- Attend to customer queries in-person and on call in a professional manner
- Make sure the connectivity and functionality is proper
- Look into the wiring and network cabling issues
- Maintain a good rapport with the manager and update them on significant areas of responsibility
- Evaluate the customer orders and offer great customer service
- Plan and implements other technical requirements
- Play an active role in network installations
- Take care of the equipment, supplies, materials, and tools
- Help at the installation site and be a part of the documentation
- Coordinate with vendors regarding the equipment
- Maintain cooperative work relationships and learn to work independently
- Take charge of the installment of cables for a clear and effective data network
- Be a part of individual assignments when there is a need
The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Electronics & Electrical, Computer Science, Information Technology or any related field. The individual must have the excellent technical knowledge to handle any issues. Some employers will look for candidates with prior work experience or a master’s degree.
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
The Cisco Certified Network Associate certification will help the candidates to improve their knowledge in networking. They will be able to install, configure, and troubleshoot any issues that may occur. The individuals must have a strong hold on networking devices.
It is an entry-level certification for individuals who want to enhance their computer skills. This is specially designed to validate the expertise of candidates in entry-level computer service. The certified professionals will be able to install, maintain, customize, and operate personal computers.
The CompTIA Network+ is a mid-level certification for network technicians. This certification will provide the essential knowledge to install, maintain, and troubleshoot. It makes the candidate understand various aspects of networking technologies, including TCP/IP and the OSI model.
Juniper Networks Certified Associate - Junos (JNCIA-Junos)
Juniper Networks Certified Associate certification is designed for experienced networking professionals. It is important for the individual to have good knowledge of Juniper Networks Junos OS, networking fundamentals, and basic internet routing. The key components of the certification are Junos OS fundamentals, user interface options, Junos basic configuration, operational monitoring and maintenance, routing fundamentals, and routing policy, Class of Service, and networking fundamentals.
According to Indeed.com, the Telecommunications Implementation Network Technician Salary ranges from approximately $38,167 per year for Entry Level Technician to $124,535 per year for Network Architect. As per ZipRecruiter.com, on an average, the Telecommunications Implementation Network Technician earns about $18 to $23 on an hourly basis in the United States.
The prospects for Telecommunication Implementation Network Technician seems to be going on a steady pace. There is supposed to be growth in the job opportunities and candidates with little or more experience are the ones who have bright chances of getting hired.
How beneficial is Field Engineer
FieldEngineer.com offers opportunities for computer professionals looking for employment opportunities. Signing up with FieldEngineer.com is easy and allows you to get your resume in front of organizations looking for your skills. Available here are over 40,000 engineers belonging to various fields in more than 170 countries, making it one of the biggest and convenient on-demand platform for employers looking to hire people in specialty occupations.