The Cisco Wireless LAN Design Specialist provides field support for Cisco Wireless LAN solutions. The specialists install and configure Cisco Wireless products. The design specialist will possess demonstrable knowledge of WLAN technology, including RF, antenna theory, and 802.11a, b, and g standards, with support of controllers and Aps. They offer technical assistance regarding voice over WLAN, outdoor mesh, and secure wireless.
Cisco Wireless LAN Design Specialist Job Description
A Cisco Wireless LAN Design Specialist position involves maintenance of enterprise 802.11a/b standards, site surveys and configuration of controllers and Aps. They should possess a proper understanding of radio frequency and antenna theory.
Other responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for the contracted managed LAN/WLAN
- Offer technical assistance to troubleshoot and installation of networked equipment
- Recognize and asses the cause of performance breakdowns and recommend solutions
- Conduct pro-active maintenance routine and submit a timely report
- Play an active role in the configuration of the network equipment
- Take care of the capacity and performance management
- Analyze present network trouble and rectify issues that arise
- Control network upgrades and enhancements
- Organize preventive maintenance routine check-ups
- Maintain the necessary documentation for the managed network environment
- Address client network diagrams, method of procedures, business case development, statement of work, transition planning, project planning, and other related tasks
- Detect and examine the source of performance breakdowns and devise innovative solutions
- Take charge of network availability through continuous improvement
Interested candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunication, Electronics & Electricals or any related field. The organizations looking for Cisco Wireless LAN Specialist generally prefer candidates with prior work experience. Some employers want to hire professionals with a Master’s degree or relevant specialization.
Cisco Wireless LAN Design Specialist Certification
This certification is for candidates who design solutions with Cisco wireless products advanced feature set, based upon a validated understanding of Radio Frequency (RF), and antenna theory, 802.11a/b g standards, and site survey. Certification also assesses configuration of controllers and Aps. The candidate should clear Advanced Wireless LAN for System Engineers 642-631 AWLANFE. The exam verifies the candidate's skills to successfully install, configure and support solutions using the advanced feature set of Cisco wireless products.
Cisco Wireless LAN Design Specialist Salary
As per Payscale.com, the salary of a Cisco Wireless LAN Design Specialist is $86K in the United States. According to Indeed.com, the average salary of Cisco Wireless LAN Design Specialist ranges from approximately $53,994 per year for Network Specialist to $102,171 per year for Senior Network Engineer.
FieldEngineer.com is the Place
Professionals in the network and telecom fields seeking rewarding careers in the on-demand freelance marketplace should investigate FieldEngineer.com. This portal enables professionals to highlight and advertise their skills. They can find the right employment opportunities through this one-stop platform.
FieldEngineer.com remains the first place to go for excellent service and fantastic job opportunities. Worldwide, over 40,000 freelance field engineers from 170 countries use this platform to explore possibilities and find positions that they feel they are a good fit.