RAN Technical Support Engineer
A RAN (Radio Access Network), Technical Support Engineer, is a specialized telecom professional. They provide technical support to troubleshoot new end-to-end cellular technology and fix the issues of radio networks. 5G technology is now gaining popularity around the globe. Engineers trained on the previous 4G technology will have to upgrade to the 5G RAN technology to meet the needs of the telecom industry.
These engineers can offer support for LTE and small cell projects. They understand the protocols of VoLTE and ViLTE. The technical support engineer specifically works with cellular technology, GSM, WCDMA, and LTE architecture.
A Technical Support Engineer will provide support and guidance to the customer. Another job responsibility is the operation and maintenance of network elements including remote assistance. Some other duties include providing software and hardware support for the customer lab and customer markets.
Following are the standard job responsibilities of a RAN Technical Support Engineer.
- To support customer lab and customer markets for SW/ HW New Feature verification and validation
- To design and configuring the RNC and RNC Interfaces (Iu, Iub, Iur)
- To integrate node Bs in the field, as needed
- To solve UTRAN technical issues, working with radio planning as required
- To provide support on the LTE network, small cell, other projects and able to understand protocols of VoLTE and ViLTE along.
- To implement the knowledge of RAN Cloud and IoT
- To create and execute the test cases for the radio access network
- To organize the field trials of the new network
- To provide support and guidance to customers for operations and maintenance of network elements
- To monitor the network security plan
- Perform the network analyzer test with other tools for its performance
- To coordinate the communications between customer, operation’s team, and field support system
Apart from the above, they are also involved in various other task:
They Work closely with the product management department to make sure that all features of preparation and execution of a product announcement are as smooth as possible.
When it comes to product training, there should be a record to be maintained by the RAN engineers for customer documentation for every product including online training.
They also undertake an evaluation of usability and provide feedback to product management and technology department appropriately.
Engineers should work alongside the testing team to commence customer focused testing of all new software releases.
They should be able to provide support on all features of product and software to third party associates.
They should look after the implementation of any enhancements, developments or amendments for the existing products.
In order to become successful in the field of Radio Network Technology, you will need to have an essential education. This includes a degree in computer science, IT, Networking including wireless technology and other related field along with certification in networking for better results.
As per Paysa, the average salary for RAN Technical Support Engineer is around $98, 474 per annum in the United States.
How Field Engineer Helps
FieldEngineer is one of the streamlined machine- learning driven platform which enables the projects to engage the field based Engineers across the location. If you are on the lookout for freelance RAN Support Engineer then sign-up with FE for a better future in the Telecom domain.
FE already has footprints across the world for providing the best deliverables for telecom installation units in Global Marketplace. Over 40,000 engineers from 180 countries from various technical fields have already registered on this digital platform to allow projects to hire them for a variety of specialized positions in the radio network of the telecom domain.