A RAN (Radio Access Network), Technical Support Engineer, is a specialized telecom professional. They provide technical support to troubleshoot new end-to-end cellular technology and fix the issues of radio networks. 5G technology is now gaining popularity around the globe. Engineers trained on the previous 4G technology will have to upgrade to the 5G RAN technology in order to meet the needs of the telecom industry.
These engineers can offer support for LTE and small cell projects. They understand the protocols of VoLTE and ViLTE. The technical support engineer specifically works with cellular technology, GSM, WCDMA, and LTE architecture.
A Technical Support Engineer will provide support and guidance to the customer. Another job responsibility is the operation and maintenance of network elements including remote assistance. Some other responsibilities include providing software and hardware support for the customer lab and customer markets.
- Design and configure the RNC and RNC Interfaces
- Integrate node Bs in the field as needed
- Solve UTRAN technical issues and work with radio planning as required
- Provide support on LTE network, small cell, and other projects
- Implement the knowledge of RAN Cloud and IoT
- Create and execute test cases for the radio access network
- Organize the field trials of the new network
- Provide support and guidance to customers for operations and maintenance of network elements
- Monitor the network security plan
- Perform a network analyzer test with other tools for its performance
- Coordinate the communications between customer, operation team, and field support system
Education Requirements for a RAN Technical Support Engineer:
In order to become successful in this field, you will need to have the proper education. A degree in computer science, information technology, wireless technology networking, or a related field is required. A certification in networking helps with career advancement.
RAN Technical Support Salary:
According to Paysa, the average salary for this role is around $98,474 per year.
How FieldEngineer.com Helps with Job Opportunities:
For telecom professionals who have been searching for a job, FieldEngineer.com is the platform for you. Many companies are looking for qualified candidates. By signing up with FieldEngineer.com, you can have access to these jobs.
FieldEngineer.com already spans across the world to provide the best telecom opportunities. Over 35,000+ engineers from over 170 countries have already registered on this platform. So, sign up and be visible in front of many companies have projects that need specialized Technical Engineers in the telecom field.