Network Assurance System Technicians are trained professionals responsible for the optimal operation, installation and maintenance of network data communications as well as equipment connected to cellular switching centers.
Network Assurance System Technicians manage the execution and maintenance of operations, and they support both local area networks (LANs) and wide area network (WANs), whether they are located in-house or at other sites.
Technicians further conduct training for network operations executives, to keep them informed of the latest trends. Technicians also install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot computer hardware and software they also create and maintain fast, secure and reliable networks.
Technicians can work with several network operation centers. As businesses continue to invest in the latest and most innovative technology, including cellular networks, employment opportunities for technicians are expected to grow 28% from 2010 to 2020, according to data provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
Network Assurance System Technician Job Description:
Network Assurance System Technicians have the following job responsibilities:
- To manage the installation, testing, and troubleshooting of both voice and data network systems
- To perform installation, testing and troubleshooting of transmission facilities
- To keep system applications running at peak performance
- To monitor network quality
- To perform network security checks to protect against cyber-attacks
- To provide support for various users in an IT department
- To maintain error logs and to provide resolutions to problems
- To update site-specific daily logs
- To upgrade multi-service networks for voice, data, internet and video traffic on a single network
- To troubleshoot hardware failures and server issues
- To validate hardware and software
- To perform checks of a network’s backup plan
- To organize and plan system maintenance to avoid interruptions
Educational Requirements for Network Assurance System Technicians
Network Assurance System Technicians must have a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications or a related discipline. Furthermore, they should consider supplementing their degrees by obtaining certifications such as CompTIA’s Network+ or Security+.
Network Assurance System Technician Salary:
As per the salary report, the average annual income of full-time Network Assurance System Technicians working in the United States is $54,239. However, part-time employment can also provide a rewarding and useful boost to your career.
Those interested in working on a freelance basis should visit FieldEngineer.com, which provides the best platform for freelancing opportunities where engineers connect with businesses throughout the world.
Why You Should Use FieldEngineer.com
If you looking to get hired as a freelancer in the on-demand marketplace, you should join our community by signing up at FieldEngineer.com. FieldEngineer.com helps you connect with employers who are looking for people with your valuable skills. FieldEngineer.com currently helps more than 35,000+ engineers, who are signed up from over 170 countries.