The entire world relies on computer hardware and software. IT Security Operation Engineers are IT professionals who protect an organization’s computers, networks, software, hardware and data from malware and cyber-attacks, whether these components exist onsite on in the field. Essentially, IT Security operations Engineers oversee the design and development of an organization’s IT infrastructure and its security standards.
Engineers further help design, build and support an organization’s core security infrastructure and their information security processes. Their primary objective is to secure data and information by protecting IT systems, and by keeping computer systems and network devices resilient against all forms of cyber-attacks.
One of the most important responsibilities of any organization is to create a secure environment, and they do so with the aid of both in-house and field IT engineers.
IT Security Operations Engineer Job Description
IT security risks have grown as the digital economy has grown. IT Security Operations Engineers have the following important responsibilities:
- To manage penetration testing of both applications and infrastructure
- To perform susceptibility scans and manage the resolution of threats
- To assess Software as a Service (SaaS) products for security compliance
- To manage security applications, such as GDPR
- To conduct periodic user access control verifications
- To develop and maintain security monitoring, logging and auditing
- To install required security patches and updates for a wide range of applications.
- To monitor system security relating to resiliency, malware intrusion, and patching
- To assess technical controls and identify areas of improvement
- To serve as technical security leads for large complex projects that involve cross-functional teams
- To conduct systems testing to ensure that critical vulnerabilities become identified
Educational and Certification Requirements for IT Security Operations Engineers
IT Security Operations Engineers must have a degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with an emphasis on security control. Also desirable is a certificate in the field of Security Operations. Employers are currently seeking people with certifications such as SSCP, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, and OSCP.
IT Security Operations Engineer Salary:
As per ZipRecruiter, the average annual salary for IT Security Operations Engineers in the U.S. is $148,499 per year. Experienced freelancers in the field can enjoy not only a variety of interesting opportunities, but they can also have tremendous earning potential.
Our Platform: FieldEngineer.com
In the Freelance Marketplace, a field engineering job offers a great opportunity for freelance IT Security Operations Engineers to gain exposure. Our platform provides lots of flexibility, which can greatly enhance your earning potential. Those interested in exciting careers as IT Security Operations Engineers should register at www.FieldEngineer.com.
Already more than 35,000+ Engineers from over 170 countries have registered on the site, and they are right now successfully connecting with organizations who are looking for skilled people like you.