IP Telephony Engineer
An IP Telephony is one of the important communication technologies in this digital world of Telecom and IT. The IP Telephony Engineer will repair and examine IP Telephony related problems, install and align IP Telephony devices connected to the telephony servers.
Engineers are involved in the management of strategies to define, deploy, and maintain the organization’s internal IP telephony and its related network connections along with hardware operation.
Generally, the job duties differ in many organizations. However, the following are the standard job responsibilities performed by them:
- To design and resolve issues through study, network administration, installation, and customization, along with network management support
- To recommend to design the network pattern for better connectivity
- To analyze, prioritize, and complete telephony work order assignments to meet SLA's.
Skills & Education
An essential degree in the relevant field will give a boost to the career, and it will improve the chances of finding the exact job that is desired in the field. A degree in computer science and networking is fair enough to get you in this field. To be in this field, one of the essential skills is that it requires proficiency with CISCO routers, switches and firewalls.
One needs to have quality and proven experience in IP Telephony and VTC, specifically within Cisco and preferably within Polycom.
The following are the best certifications for IP Telephony
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Engineer Voice (CCIE Voice)
- Cisco IP Telephony Certificate
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS)
When it comes to salaries, it’s no less than any other IT field job. As per Paysa, an average salary of a IP Telephony Engineer is around $111,189, depending on the experience level.
Field Engineer is in your way
If you are inquiring about freelance opportunities, you can find or get what you are searching for as a freelancer in a Top Freelance Marketplace like FieldEngineer.com where you can showcase your skills and establish your experience to advance your career. It enables you to connect with employers who are looking for the right fit. It is a proper channel for businesses to hire, as 40,000 engineers in 180 countries have registered with it.