A Dispatch Technician provides client desktop support as well as the installation of voice communication systems, maintenance and administration of network services. They provide technical assistance to identify, prioritize and resolve client issues. This position often includes responsibilities including the recognition, research, isolation, resolution of and follow-up on client issues.
The technician is responsible for responding to emergency/ non-emergency calls and provide information as per the established guidelines. They have to take requests from the callers and should collect all the necessary information such as names, telephones. The professionals have to maintain a record of all calls by the communication department. The Dispatch Technician has to ensure the proper functioning of computer terminals.
The professionals should work with different complex software platforms. They have to provide all the necessary support to the field personnel and must recognize current and potential field problems. It is the Dispatch Technician who handles internal and external customers with utmost care and professionalism. The technician will reschedule and reassign work assignments as per the requirement.
The Dispatch Technician must document the unnecessary service call. They have to keep the field technicians posted about the work status. The technician has to take into consideration any special project needs. The professional is responsible for maintaining a record of the warehouse as well. The technician has an active role to play in regular stock checks and record information.
The professional must ensure all the receiving and delivery of goods are documented. The Dispatch Technician has to maintain and service the existing products occasionally. They have to keep the interior and exterior displays set for installation as per the instructions are given.
The primary responsibility of the technician encompasses the maintenance of office equipment such as laptops, desktops and more. The Dispatch Technician has to monitor inventories. The professionals have to provide necessary technical assistance for implementing new projects and processes. They have to troubleshoot any ongoing analysis and review. The technician will daily monitor the finished stock.
The Dispatch Technician is responsible for taking care of different kinds of operations related to packing and storage. The professionals should also monitor and resolve computer hardware performance, and diagnose peripheral issues. They have to ensure the effective use of technological resources. The technician must maintain compliance with software licensing and inventory to ensure proper utilization of resources.
The professional should check the equipment that has been repaired, before returning the equipment. The Dispatch Technician has to work in collaboration with the User Support team and provide excellent customer service. They have to support PC setup and configuration in a network environment and must work towards maximizing the help desk performance.
The Dispatch Technician must have to ability to read blueprints or diagram. The technician should perform maintenance and repair services. They must advise the customers on preventive maintenance and configurations as it may affect the product performance. The other tasks that come under their purview include:
- Taking care of client computer systems, hardware, and other computer peripherals
- Maintaining, examining and resolving all issues related to computer equipment
- Assist in rectifying or replacing client hardware and software systems
- Keeping track of user account information and setting user policies in areas such as rights, security, and systems groups
- Guiding employees when identifying product failures and replacing faulty hardware or software as needed
- Recommending to clientele the services that will fulfill their needs
- Ensuring the quality and functionality of the client hardware
- Following stated guidelines and procedures during the installation of customer premise equipment
- Upgrading client technical skills and addressing the requirements of the organization
- Setting up and implementing applicable and innovative technologies
- Understanding and assisting clients in the use of system software, databases and reporting
- Organizing the construction of essential field installation components
- Assisting in the maintenance of dispatch and engineering servers, databases and site applications
- Detecting and fixing product performance problems
- Ensuring customer satisfaction and suggesting useful preventive maintenance to clients
- Researching network configurations and assessing how it impacts product performance
- Setting up and troubleshooting advanced and complex hardware and software problems
- Possessing a good knowledge of networking concepts and PC connectivity troubleshooting
- Possessing knowledge of various host platforms and how they work most effectively in complex environments
- Analyzing data from workforce management to recognize and analyze current and potential issues
A bachelor’s degree in electronics, electrical, telecommunication, computer science or any related field remains a requirement for employment. Prior experience in electrical component testing or troubleshooting can be beneficial. Some employers prefer a candidate with previous experience.
- CompTIA Server
- XEROX printer certification (TCN)
- OEM printer warranty certifications
- OEM laptop/desktop warranty certifications
According to Paysa, a dispatch tech on an average earns about $74,678, ranging from $61,110 at the 25th percentile to $85,700 at the 75th percentile. The top earners make more than $99,787. These salary estimates stem from fewer than 20 profiles, including base salary, equity, and bonuses. As per Glassdoor, The national average wage for this position averages $31,909 in the United States. The CareerBliss states that on an average Dispatch Technician earns about $30,000 per year and $14 per hour in the United States. As per Indeed salary estimate, the salary ranges from approximately $18.81 per hour for Field Technician to $21.48 per hour for Communication Technician
FieldEngineer.com, Your One-Stop Platform
Dispatch Techs remain much sought after in the freelance marketplace. When searching for Dispatch Technician Jobs in your specialty, FieldEngineer.com can open doors for you. Just sign up today and join freelancers from over 170 countries seeking to connect with businesses offering the perfect employment opportunities.