VMware NSX Engineer
The VMware NSX Engineer is an IT professional trained to effectively integrate and implement the VMware NSX security platform within a hybrid cloud infrastructure. The NSX Engineer must provide expertise in all aspects of network technology security for a VMware virtualized environment.
Virtual Cloud Network, built on VMware NSX technology, is a ubiquitous software layer from the data center to cloud to edge infrastructure. It provides a secure, consistent foundation that drives the business forward throughout the World.
VMware is the global leader in the platform virtualization software and services industry. From desktop support to data center solutions, VMware provides businesses and organizations with the essential resources needed to maintain and fully utilize software-defined networks. Freelance VMware professionals have the advantage of working at a flexible time with predefined businesses.
VMware NSX Engineers deliver this service by applying their extensive knowledge of the network hypervisor, the platform used to deploy virtual networks. Since the introduction of NSX in 2017, Engineers have the unique ability to simultaneously implement security measures through the use of security groups that target multiple VMs (Virtual Machines). This results in the increased safety and productivity of a business’s VMware virtualized network environment.
The roles and responsibilities of VMware NSX professional vary in terms of cloud security and virtualization. The role of a VMware engineer is more focused on network technologies and security which covers the physical networking and firewalling facilities. The NSX network expert deliver network and security infrastructure for an organization. They play a critical role in building and sustaining client relations while driving the implementation of VMware solutions across the appropriate department of the company.
Following are the standard responsibilities of a VMware NSX Engineer which are as follows
- Providing security and network support for physical networking and firewall services.
- Ensuring network reliability and availability through well-planned and implemented solutions
- Delivering network and security infrastructures
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting networks in NSX/NSX-T
- Implementing networking and VXLAN technologies
- Monitoring the automation of network deployment and configuration, along with the integration of infrastructure (computer/storage) automation
- Configuring and monitoring network security layers
- Monitoring integration with other software-defined networking technologies
- Improving network manageability and scalability
- Supporting the operations and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure
- Maintaining VMware vROps and reporting for confirmation, troubleshooting, and capacity planning.
- Improving customized outlines using NSX, vRA, and vRO to automate and simplify tasks
- Duplicating virtual machines and server appliances.
- Backing up virtual machines and supporting virtual machine infrastructure.
Education and Certifications
To become a VMware NSX Engineer, it is preferred that you have a degree in computer science, Information Technology, or another related field and have earned one or more industry-standard certifications. Certifications that will make your application stand out include:
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
In addition to the certifications listed above, knowledge of VXLANs, vSAN, and other software-defined networking technologies will enhance your value as an IT professional and provide you with more career advancement opportunities in the future.
As a professional VMware NSX Engineer, they should know about SDN with the VMware EHC Cloud perception, Hybrid network services, NSX development and operations, and Public Cloud services
According to indeed, the average salary for a VMware NSX Engineer ranges from $47,660 to $116,601 per year, depending on background and experience.
One Stop Solution by FieldEngineer.com
Are you interested in becoming a freelancer? Sign up at FieldEngineer.com right way to start your journey as an IT professional in the global freelance marketplace! With more than 40,000+ freelancers from over 180 countries, FieldEngineer.com is the one-stop solution for all of your freelancing needs. Promising career opportunities specifically tailored to your professional experiences are just one click away.