A Site Operations Technician is a professional who is in charge of flexible operating of the power station. They are responsible for maintaining compliance with statutory health, safety, and environmental provisions. The technician will work in collaboration with the other teams to improve the site systems and contribute to areas of site maintenance.
They play a prominent role in the management of the plant operation, and they ensure that the organizations follow the standard procedure and must take steps to ensure compliance. The technician should take care of the appropriate controls, risk assessments, and approvals. They must pay attention to high and medium risk activities to avoid any problems. Apart from these, the other tasks they perform are:
- Regulate and monitor the implementation of the SCP assets with the operating infrastructure.
- Be active to identify, and resolve issues regarding safety and reliability.
- Ensure safe operation of the power station to avoid any undue problems.
- Conduct regular inspections to make sure the safe and reliable operation of the SCP assets.
- Follow plant procedures to deal with the equipment upsets, shutdowns, and restarts.
- Work in coordination with internal teams and third parties to make working safe and feasible.
- Organize site surveys, gas testing, and other preparations by following the permit conditions.
- Monitor the work to make sure that is going in coordination with PTW conditions considering changing conditions.
- Recognize new or emerging issues to make working easy and keep track of log notifications for maintenance.
- Be quick to report any plant defects and observations that may affect the safety of the process or the operation of the plant.
- Assist site operations engineer on projects and outage preparation.
- General maintenance of plant as determined by individual competence.
The desired candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in electronics and communications, telecommunications, computer science or any related field. Candidates interested in pursuing masters can opt for it. Some companies prefer candidates with a higher degree.
Site Operations Technician Salary
According to Payscale.com, they earn on average about $19.96 per hour in the United States. Usually, the job satisfaction is high, and work is enjoyable for Site Operation Technicians. As per Indeed.com, they make about $16.23 per hour. The estimates are collected from 1,040 salaries in the past 36 months. The tenure for them is between is one and three years.
How FieldEngineer.com Helps
Site Operation Technicians are in high demand in the freelance marketplace. If you’re looking for opportunities, FieldEngineer.com has some great options for you. Just sign up today and join freelancers from over 170 countries seeking to connect with businesses offering the perfect job.