Site Operations Technician
A Site Operations Technician is a professional who is in charge of the flexible operating of the power station. They are responsible for maintaining compliance with statutory health, safety, and environmental provisions. The technician will work in collaboration with the other teams to improve the site systems and contribute to areas of site maintenance.
The technician will take care of the safety precautions and regulations in all the areas. The professional is responsible for reporting on all the potential unsafe working conditions. The Site Operations Technician must plan and take charge of the corrective maintenance of facilities such as utility, and systems. They have to locate and rectify the equipment and utility systems malfunctions.
The Site Operations Technician plays an active role in prioritizing workload by providing a compliant and safe work environment. The technician provides all the necessary technical assistance in the installation of new equipment or project execution. They have to ensure that the spare parts for maintenance are available for quick replacement. It is the responsibility of the professional to schedule the maintenance activities with the equipment owners.
They play a prominent role in the management of the plant operation, and they ensure that the organizations follow the standard procedure and must take steps to ensure compliance. The technician should take care of the appropriate controls, risk assessments, and approvals. They must pay attention to high and medium risk activities to avoid any problems.
The Site Operation Technician should be proactive in identifying and resolving any issues to ensure safe operation. They have to provide technical assistance for the outage preparation. The technician should assist in creating permits to work for site operation assets. The professionals should collaborate with the vendors as and when needed. They have to attend to specific repairs and provide maintenance services by procuring spare parts.
The technician must work in coordination with other department heads and quality teams to organize maintenance activities such as planning, change overs, and preventative maintenance. It is the responsibility of the Site Operations Technician to perform site survey, preparations and isolations in compliance with the permit conditions. They should recognize new and emerging issues and utilize different systems to log notifications for smooth functioning. Apart from these, the other tasks they perform are:
- Regulate and monitor the implementation of the SCP assets with the operating infrastructure.
- Be active to identify, and resolve issues regarding safety and reliability.
- Ensure the safe operation of the power station to avoid any undue problems.
- Conduct regular inspections to make sure the safe and reliable operation of the SCP assets.
- Follow plant procedures to deal with the equipment upsets, shutdowns, and restarts.
- Work in coordination with internal teams and third parties to make working safe and feasible.
- Organize site surveys, gas testing, and other preparations by following the permit conditions.
- Monitor the work to make sure that is going in coordination with PTW conditions considering changing conditions.
- Recognize new or emerging issues to make working easy and keep track of log notifications for maintenance.
- Be quick to report any plant defects and observations that may affect the safety of the process or the operation of the plant.
- Assist site operations engineer on projects and outage preparation.
- General maintenance of plant as determined by individual competence.
The desired candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in electronics and communications, telecommunications, computer science or any related field. Candidates interested in pursuing masters can opt for it. Some companies prefer candidates with a higher degree.
According to Payscale, they earn on average about $19.96 per hour in the United States. Usually, job satisfaction is high, and work is enjoyable for Site Operation Technicians. As per Indeed, they make about $16.23 per hour. The estimates are collected from 1,040 salaries in the past 36 months. The tenure for them is between is one and three years.
Site Operations Technician seems to have great opportunities coming their way. Organizations are in search of candidates with relevant work experience and educational background.
How Field Engineer Helps
Site Operation Technicians are in high demand in the freelance marketplace. If you’re looking for opportunities, FieldEngineer.com has some great options for you. Just sign up today and join freelancers from over 180 countries seeking to connect with businesses offering the perfect job.