A Relay Adjuster sets up and arranges client dialing and switching equipment. Relay Adjusters service and repairs telephone and other communication equipment. The adjuster installs new equipment on-site and monitors all client wiring and telephone jacks.
Relay Adjuster Job Description
The adjuster services or repairs a variety of client telecommunication equipment. Additional responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for loading and unloading relays from test sockets and tray
- Performance of visual, mechanical and workmanship inspection of the relay with the help of microscope magnification
- Dressing of the coil lead with the help of adjusting tools to raise and lower the actuator beads
- Caring for the position of the actuator bead based on the moving contact
- Following company policies and procedures when completing all routine tasks
- Enthusiasm for cross-training in various other areas of the organization
- Assistance with semi-routine assignments and waiting for further instructions depending on the assignments
- Documentation of client telephonic information and maintenance of this data is written in the electronic or magnetic form
- Offering technical guidance in the repair and maintenance of electronic equipment that operate primarily by electronic principles
- Assistance in operating vehicles, mechanized devices, and equipment
- Inspection of equipment to identify any errors or problems or defects
- Maintenance and review of materials used for equipment manufacturing
- Operation of machines, control mechanisms, and other physical activity
- Handling complaints and resolve grievances and negotiate with others
- Drafting, layout, and specification of technical client devices and other equipment
- Giving all detailed instructions and specifications about the related tools and equipment
- Estimating the resources and materials required to perform a work activity
Desired candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in telecommunication, electronics, electrical or other related fields. Often, organizations prefer candidates who have a master’s degree. Additionally, candidates with excellent skills in customer service will have the edge over others.
Relay Adjuster Salary
According to Salaryexpert.com, a typical Relay Adjuster earns about $47,015 yearly with an equivalent hourly rate of $23. They also receive an average bonus of $903. As per Comparably.com, the salary for this position averages $52,554 annually in the United States. Some organizations promise a 100 percent bonus.
Find Your Next Job at FieldEngineer.com
For telecom and network professionals in search of their next position in the on-demand freelance marketplace, FieldEngineer.com provides a one-stop platform. Professional technicians can put forth his or her skills and get in touch with employers. With more than 35,000+ freelance field engineers from over 170 countries across the globe, this platform offers many job opportunities to the right candidates.