Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
A Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) is the trained professional in the field of Microsoft products and services. MCTS professional supports enterprise-level Microsoft products and services. Microsoft technologies like Windows operating system, Microsoft Exchange server, SQL, and studio experts are some of the essentials required by the businesses.
This specialist manages the set-up and often supporting version 2007. They assist in the set-up of user accounts and mailboxes along with the backup plan, security and restore the operation. Microsoft Exchange Server specialist performs the routine server maintenance, configures the new users and is called as the primary point of contact for exchange related issue.
The Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist for exchange server is a subject matter expert for popular email messaging system. Generally, It runs on Windows servers. The server side of Microsoft Exchange Server is a client program for Microsoft Outlook, which contains contacts and calendars.
Before Outlook, it was hosted with Office 97, and now it is 2007 version, the windows client was exchanged, the client. The primary task of the exchange server is to ensure the proper delivery of communication across the client.
For businesses, these servers provide mission-critical services. As the number of users and departments grows, similarly the maintenance and workload of exchange server 2007 are also scaled up.
How Exchange Server works:
The Exchange server has four basic modules which work hand-in-hand to run the process smoothly.
The modules of the mail exchange server are:
- Information Store: It is a place where email messages are kept, positioned and structured.
- System Attendant: It makes these communications significant to the client sending and receiving the message. In different words, it generates and manages email contacts.
- Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP): It is a component which plays the dynamic part in the communication of data. It permits inter-server message broadcast. Often emails are thought to be transmitted from a single server to a new one, especially in the instance where the position of the recipient client is relatively distant or is using a non-Microsoft email provider.
- Active Directory: the Major purpose is to update the system linked with new mailbox data. It also manages user details and distribution lists by itself.
Main components of Exchange Server are:
JET Database Engine
Following are the standard responsibilities of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007:
- To host mailbox and public folder data for the communication storage.
- To provide the other client protocol access, apart from MAPI (i.e., Outlook Web Access- OWA, POP3, IMAP, and ActiveSync)
- When it comes to unified messaging, it provides the client with access to the mailbox, addresses box, and calendar through telephone and voice support
- It helps in the mail routing server. Unlike Exchange server 2003, which uses Exchange routing groups, the Exchange 2007 uses Active Directory (AD) sites.
- To perform the routine server maintenance, configuring users, and is called the first escalation point for Microsoft Office Outlook and Exchange Server
Education and MCTS Certification:
In order to become a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, you will need to have a basic degree in the field of computer science or information technology. They can either work in the field or in-house. Fieldengineer.com is a platform that provides some of the best opportunities in the world.
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist or MCTS is a qualification that verifies a candidate’s skills and knowledge for a specific Microsoft product such as Windows Server, Exchange Server, Lync Server, Visual Studio or SQL Server.
The advantage of getting certified:
Experts can anticipate career progression from accreditation. Most of the employers frequently use certifications as ideal standards for employment and elevation and are ready to pay certified experts more in their field. Certifications completely shape some areas, like security, networking, and cloud. The credentials define a clear career ladder from beginner to expert, validating qualifications at each career stage.
As per Payscale, the average salary of Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) in the United States is around $80,000 per year. With an ever-growing demand for IT and Telecom field, one can opt for either fulltime or as a freelance.
How FieldEngineer.com Can Help You
Are you looking for freelance employment in the global marketplace? FieldEngineer is an integrated digital platform that can help you anytime and anywhere. It will help you showcase your skills to the IT and Telecommunication industry from anywhere in the world. So, sign-up here today and find the perfect opportunity.
FieldEngineer.com currently supports more than 40,000 Field Engineers from 170+ countries across the world.