Juniper Network Engineer
The Juniper Network Engineer focusses in support for Juniper network architecture, involved in implementing and providing technical support for networking topologies such as LAN, WAN as well as client internet applications. Juniper Engineers deliver on-site support for all client network hardware services.
These engineers have a detailed understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP and understand how it operates on Juniper’s proprietary MX, EX, QFX, SRX, and PTX hardware.
The Juniper network engineers center on providing high-availability network structure to withstand the online and on-site information technology happenings of users and clients. Network engineers often combine with other roles, such as system network architects or systems security engineers, and work within the company or as outside advisors.
Juniper network engineer help in the network execution for combined testing, repairing and documentation.
Engineers facilitate client networking services both on-site or in the field by careful documentation of best practices and network topologies. This enables an organization to maximize network performance. Juniper Engineers, as per customer or client needs, support mission-critical firewall services, thereby helping to prevent network issues before they arise.
The network expansion includes: analysis, design, configuration, and fixing issues with the network structure or application modules. The role of a network engineer is to make sure that communications function through the network is uninterrupted and that the network's performance sees the urgent requests. You would also deliver methods, statistics, and recommendations about network outlines and installations on RN platforms to maintain the several features of the overall cybersecurity system.
The position includes the following essential job responsibilities:
- To ensure that communications function across the network architecture and that the network’s performance meets client requirements
- To test and document network TCP/IP performance
- To configure effective routing policies and procedures and reconfigure policies to ensure the best performance
- To install, configure and monitor essential network security protocols
- To document cause analysis and offer solutions to prevent future client network outages
- To identify and suggest network designs that will enable consistent client network workflow
- To create customized network management tools to evaluate, monitor and report network statistics
- To use network diagnostic tools as per Juniper product requirements
- To install network security protocols to prevent malware and other security threats
- To maintain current customer network documentation that documents outages, changes, and best practices
Education and Certifications
Candidates must possess a relevant degree in computer science, IT or a related discipline. Certifications such as the Juniper JNCIS, JNCIP, and JNCIA or Cisco CCNP, CCNA and CCDA will demonstrate a thorough technical knowledge to prospective employers.
Skills required for the Juniper Network Engineer
To become a successful Juniper Network engineer, following are the required skills which will boost up your career:
- Considerable network engineering understanding with exposure to Juniper, Dell Fabric, Cisco routing, and switching
- Significant network engineering skill in network systems design (Visio, Excel, words, Documentation)
- They should be capable of including, network management systems, PRTG (Paessler Router Traffic Grapher).
- They should be aware of know-how in a formal network test plan and configuration including, Xena network tool, Wireshark, IP flow, SOIP, and USBOIP.
- They should know software scripting, (API, Web Service, Syslog, etc.)
- Understanding network security (firewalls and IDS) design and implementation.
- Practice in LAN/WAN design and pattern to include but limited to All WAN media, Packet shaper, WAN accelerator (Riverbed)
- Worked in a secure environment with an understanding of MOD working practices
- Good understanding of VMware
Network engineers may also follow diverse paths within the networking field. Experienced engineers specialize in network planning and maintenance for networks and often cross over between the technical and commercial sides of a company. Next step for network engineers will be network manager role. However, they should train and direct network technicians. They can also grow in more specialized roles consist of cloud networking architects, who help companies with cloud infrastructure arrangement, and network security experts, who identify and avoid cybersecurity risk.
As per Paysa, a Juniper Engineer earns around $163,894 per year. Working part-time can provide otherwise overlooked opportunities for a career boost. In the telecom world, Top Freelance Marketplaces like FieldEngineer provides an important platform for Juniper Engineers who prefer working freelance.
Benefits of the FieldEngineer Platform
Are you on the lookout for freelance opportunities? Find many across the globe in the freelance marketplace at FieldEngineer.com, where one can display or showcase their expertise with Juniper hardware and software. Sign up now to build a better future as you survey the many opportunities present.