The Juniper Network Engineer specializes in support for Juniper network architecture, involved in implementing and providing technical support for networking topologies such as LAN, WAN as well as client internet applications. Juniper Engineers deliver on-site support for all client network services. These engineers have a detailed understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP and understand how it operates on Juniper’s proprietary MX, EX, QFX, SRX and PTX hardware.
Engineers facilitate client networking services both on-site or in the field by careful documentation of best practices and network topologies. This enables an organization to maximize network performance. Juniper Engineers, as per customer or client needs, support mission-critical firewall services, thereby helping to prevent network issues before they arise.
As the telecom industry continues to evolve so has SD-WAN topologies. Juniper Engineers support this emerging and increasingly popular network topology as it scales well to the cloud.
The position includes the following essential job responsibilities:
- To ensure that communications function across the network architecture and that the network’s performance meets client requirements
- To test and document network TCP/IP performance
- To configure effective routing policies and procedures and reconfigure policies to ensure best performance
- To install, configure and monitor essential network security protocols
- To document cause analysis and offer solutions to prevent future client network outages
- To identify and suggest network designs that will enable consistent client network workflow
- To create customized network management tools to evaluate, monitor and report network statistics
- To use network diagnostic tools as per Juniper product requirements
- To install network security protocols to prevent malware and other security threats
- To maintain current customer network documentation that documents outages, changes, and best practices
Education and Certifications:
Candidates must possess a relevant degree in computer science, IT or a related discipline. Certifications such as the Juniper JNCIS, JNCIP, and JNCIA or Cisco CCNP, CCNA and CCDA will demonstrate a thorough technical knowledge to prospective employers.
Juniper Network Engineer Salary:
As per Paysa, a Juniper Engineer earns around $163,894 per year. Working part-time can provide otherwise overlooked opportunities for a career boost. In the telecom world, Top Freelance Marketplaces like FieldEngineer provides an important platform for Juniper Engineers who prefer working freelance.
Benefits of the FieldEngineer Platform:
Are you on the lookout for freelance opportunities? Find many across the global in the freelance marketplace at FieldEngineer.com, where one can display or showcase their expertise with Juniper hardware and software. Log in now and build a better future as you survey the many opportunities present.
FieldEngineer has nearly 35000+ Engineers from over 170 countries around the world, making it a must for the employer seeking rare talent.