Extreme Networks Specialist
Extreme Networks Specialist are the professionals who take care for various networks and network switching products. They are certified networking expert who delivers the professional techniques to properly configure, deploy, manage and troubleshoot their extreme networks settings.
The extreme network specialist certification is a vendor-specific certification with respect to network facilities, and they are accountable for advanced configuration, network management, maintenance, and troubleshooting of extreme networks products & services.
The organizational network is an important aspect to keep up the productivity. It includes the LAN, WAN and wireless network systems.
The job responsibilities for network specialist vary from one organization to other. They ensure the network security is on the top priority to avoid cyber-attacks.
Following are the essential job responsibilities of extreme networks specialist:
- Execution of a wide-ranging network management duties with installations, repairing, maintenance, improvements, and general support for Extreme network equipment
- To install, upgrade, and overall support for routers, L2 and L3 switches, firewalls, WAN accelerators, load balancers, and more.
- To evaluate, check, and set up all software and hardware update to the network service and infrastructure
- To support in the alignment and deployment of core network application workload, which needs constant learning of new devices (i.e., Nexus switches, ASR routers, and long-haul optical tools).
- To perform the network monitoring of overall network devices and servers using a group of tools to ensure availability within SLA’s.
- Review network operation data for capacity and planning purposes
- To assist in the development, implementation, testing, and disaster recovery plans.
- Connect with vendors for obtaining of all required IT infrastructures.
- To troubleshoot network and internet connectivity throughout the company’s set-up.
- To provide end-user support and issue resolution.
- Research and recommend technologies to support business needs.
For extreme network specialist certification, you will need to have a primary degree in computer science, IT, network technologies or a related field. A certification will add value to you in the different marketplace.
Following are the wide range of certifications for the extreme network professionals which will boost to the career of their choice:
- Access Wireless
- Access Wireless WiNG
- Campus EXOS Switching & Routing
- Campus Fabric Switching & Routing
- Extreme Cloud for MSP
- Extreme Control
As per Payscale, on average, extreme networks specialist earns around $90,000 per year in the United States. Working as a freelance network specialist can be rewarding as well. In global freelance marketplaces, like Field Engineer, provides a unique platform for a freelancer to connect with potential employers.
Association with Field Engineer Platform
We invite you to join the winning team by signing up on FieldEngineer.com if you are on a mission to get hired as a freelancer in a high demand freelance marketplace. Field Engineer helps you connect with employers who are looking for your valuable skills. FieldEngineer.com has gathered 40,000+ engineers from around 180+ countries in the world.