Data Support Technician
The Data Support Technician is the experts accountable for the collection, recording, and recovery of business or organizational information. They study source documents electronically, validate the correctness of the information, make reports and manage data storage and retrieval systems. The technician often works for corporates, IT, Telecom and other businesses that process significant amounts of data for proper analysis.
Data support technician is an experienced professional who supports the organizational data for complete analysis along with the IT managers.
The technicians are the expert, active professionals who provide various services to retain system data servers and hardware networks operating efficiently. They are the first line of protection in securing an organization’s valuable information. Most data center technicians have full-time calendars however they also work as a freelance to the assigned site.
Usually, they work in different set-ups like a data center, corporates, and more as a fundamental IT resource, the data center often has its own assigned staffs and procedures for maintenance of specific operation within a technical infrastructure.
Data Support technician gives support to system users by responding queries, fixing technical issues and keeping a company's network, software, and computer equipment in the working condition.
Following are the standard job description of Data Support Technician in an organization:
- To provide service and assistance to the end-users of the system and operating helpdesk email and future help desk ticketing solution per the clients' requirements
- To interact with teams to deliver and process data in response to inquiries, issues, and needs for software, procedures, and services
- To maintain the databases and spreadsheets for data analysis
- Should perform the experienced approach with data visualization software
- To diagnose and decide technical hardware and software problems linking internet connectivity, email clients, IPTV, VOIP and more
- To help in the process of troubleshooting systems, and workstations
- To make the systems ready for workstations for staffs
- To assist and support IT & Data analysis team in company-wide projects
- They should have the network troubleshooting skills
- The technician needs to have the familiarity with new software
- They should be up-to-date and current with system data, changes, and updates
- The technician should forward issues to suitable resource
- To accurately process and record sustenance tickets using a computer and designated tracking software system
- To perform the remote troubleshooting through analytical practices
- To identify and accelerate priority issues per business requirements
Education and Certifications
To be successful in this field, you will need to have an essential degree in computer science, IT, network technologies or a related field. A certification will add value to you as a professional in the field of data science.
There are several certifications which are beneficial for present analysts engaged with ongoing training as well as for other data specialists looking to become data support technician.
As per Glassdoor, the average salary of data support technician is around $ 54,076 per annum and ranges up to lakh or more depending on experiences in the United States. However, freelance work can also be rewarding and beneficial towards progressing your career. Those interested in working on a freelance basis should visit FieldEngineer.com for the best opportunities.
How Field Engineer Can Help you
Field Engineer has the perfect solution to cater to the professionals. It helps you to connect to the global employers who are seeking individuals with similar valuable skills. FieldEngineer.com has already gathered more than 40,000 engineers from 180 countries around the world.
Telecom and network professionals looking for job opportunities in the on-demand freelance marketplace, FieldEngineer.com is the right place. So sign up and find the perfect job that suits your requirements.