The Consulting Network Engineer is responsible for network and server support, as well as troubleshooting. This professional will be working in collaboration with clients and systems. They will provide the technical assistance required for the workstation, server installation, and system maintenance. He/she will work at the remote helpdesk and will look into internet connectivity, and other network-wide issues.
The Consulting Network Engineer’s responsibilities include utilizing all available resources to offer client-focused solutions as well as troubleshooting any issues and new functionality requests. This Network Engineer could complete the work both from a central office location or at the property, depending on the situation.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Working with complex IT networks and evaluating associated products and networks
- Assisting in all network configurations and offering necessary support for network migration and upgrade processes
- Collaborating with customers to design different strategies to create complex network projects
- Troubleshooting all complex network platforms and resolving issues in a rapid and efficient manner
- Evaluating the network and offering technical assistance to establish programs
- Ensuring efficient configuration of all voice network tools
- Exploring and researching all new technologies and maintaining network architecture activities
- Making sure to achieve smooth transition on networks and carrying out all the network configuration activities
- Working with the distribution teams and evaluating all work plans
- Generating timely reports and providing an appropriate solution to customers on complex networks
- Organizing network operations and associated resources to fulfill all the hardware and software requirements
- Offering alternatives for the smooth functioning of the networks
- Taking care of the network installation and ensuring all necessary documents are in place
- Upgrading all technical knowledge of various network technologies
- Accumulating and installing network components and other associated resources
- Creating user environments, directories, and security for the networks
- Recording all infrastructure adjustments and deployment
- Conducting system maintenance and inspection of the existing network infrastructure
A bachelor’s degree in telecommunications, electronics, computer science or any related field is a must. This position requires a good knowledge of IP routing and switching. Priority will be given to applicants who have relevant work experience and a master’s degree.
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
- Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching
- Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching
- Juniper Networks Certified Associate Junos (JNCIA-Junos)
Consulting Network Engineer Salary
According to Payscale.com, the Consulting Network Engineer’s salary is approximately $86,650 per year. Glassdoor.com reports that the national average wage of Consulting Network Engineers in the United States is about $87,781. Salary estimates were collected from 853 anonymous employees.
The FieldEngineer.com Factor
Professionals in the network and telecom fields looking for careers in the on-demand freelance marketplace should explore FieldEngineer.com. It is a portal where professionals can highlight and advertise their skills. They can get in touch with the businesses through this one-stop platform. FieldEngineer.com is the place to go for first-rate service and many fantastic opportunities to qualify. Worldwide there are now over 35,000+ freelance field engineers from over 170 countries so finding a platform that helps individuals to explore possibilities and find positions that they feel fit is invaluable.