The CompTIA Secuirty+ certified professionals are the experts in the field of cybersecurity. These Security professionals have tasks relating to securing network hardware, network services, and network traffic for the assigned business.
The CompTIA Security+ certification is a globally accepted business credential. Security+ verifies that information security experts are knowledgeable and proficient in the field of information security.
Security+ certification is a worldwide, vendor-neutral professional certification given by CompTIA for IT security professionals who want to become certified in IT security.
The security of PC systems, mobile devices, and other technologies is an ever-growing alarm throughout the world. The current culture depends on PC systems and networks to run the whole process from productive resources to the simple announcement.
Due to the rising security issues in the global market CompTIA security+ professionals are in high demand, meaning that the CompTIA security+ salary will be increasing as well.
The CompTIA Security+ certification establishes that the expert has the capability in the following discipline:
- Network security
- vulnerabilities and threats
- Compliance and operational security
- Access control and identity supervision
- Application, data and host security
The security+ professionals have the job responsibilities which includes configuring test equipment's which include network devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc., develop standard security documentation, prepare test plans for test engineers and review results for completeness before submission to government certification agencies.
Following are the job responsibilities of a CompTIA Security+ professional in an organization:
- To review and assess designs and project activities for compliance with security criteria and guidelines
- To provide feedback to develop product quality and reduce the risk.
- Manage and build relations with internal and subcontracted associates on system software security
- To provide safe domain-specific knowledge and overall software system guidance and outlook to assignments, programs, and activities. They provide direction as an advisor to less- experienced workforces
- To drive improvement and combination of new security tools into projects of software system design in an organization
- To lead internal teams in the adoption of SDL, especially source code analysis, risk modeling, analysis and writing product security necessities.
- To understand the information security values and core technologies (CIA, encryption, identity, authN/authZ, SSO, networking, web protocols, and confidentiality
- They should be able to liaison with both technical and non-technical staffs
- To monitor and analyze security controls, network and host activity for both successful and failed invasions for study purpose
- To produce cyber security threats intelligence reports to the management
Education & Certification
To be successful in this field, you will need to have an essential degree in computer science, IT, network technologies or a related field. A certification will add value to you as a professional.
CompTIA certifications, though, usually cover a topic area and touch on different technologies so it can be useful in any organization. Furthermore, Security+ is globally-recognized, hence any professional who holds the certification can apply it in organizations located both in the United States and abroad. The best part is that you can either be a full-time employee or as a freelance service can be provided to the businesses in an on-demand marketplace.
Career in Cyber Security with Certification
Many cyber freshers’s utilize Security+ to make into the IT field as it is an entry-level certification. When they gain employment with a company, they utilize their time to develop their skills and apply them on required programs learned from security+. After establishing themselves in the organization, they advance through promotions and by earning additional security certifications.
Understanding of necessary security measures is a requirement today for an IT position and Security+ validates that.
CompTIA+ Security Salary
As per Payscale, the average CompTIA Security+ salary is around $71,000 per annum in the United States. However, freelance work can also be rewarding and beneficial towards progressing your career. Those interested in working on a freelance basis should visit FieldEngineer.com for the best opportunities.
How Field Engineer Can Help you
FieldEngineer.com has the perfect solution to cater to the professionals. It provides and connects to the global employers with a unique digital platform round the clock.
Are you on the lookout to get associated in an on-demand marketplace? Wait no more; we indeed encourage you to sign up at FieldEngineer.com. FieldEngineer.com helps you connect with the platform who are seeking individuals with similar valuable skills. Field Engineer has already gathered more than 40,000 engineers from 180 countries around the world.