Certified Wireless Network Expert (CWNE)
The Certified Wireless Network Expert should understand wireless network design, protocol analysis, and spectrum analysis. The expert must handle issues related to wireless voice-over-Internet protocol (VoIP), intrusion detection and prevention, performance, and QoS analysis. The professional must find solutions for complex wireless problems within a large networking system.
The certified technician must have expert knowledge about Wireless LAN standards, wireless network architecture, WLAN operation, and other subjects. The professional should be able to install, configure, and troubleshoot any issues related to wireless network products and network administration. It is the responsibility of the certified wireless network expert to take care of the controller discovery methods of layer 2 and layer 3 roaming, and wireless controller configurations.
The wireless network expert should be able to tackle problems with the routing, switching, and network design. They should have expert knowledge about complex topics such as 802.11 technology, enterprise design, and management. The other additional responsibilities include:
- Ability to design and install 802.11 networks
- Identify and resolve any issues related to the complex WLAN networks
- Expert knowledge of wireless design and implementation
- Utilize 802.11/WLAN vernacular effectively
- Examine and evaluate the performance of wireless bridge
- Maintain the wireless bridge installation and understand the configuration of each bridge
- Assist in hardware and software procurement across the broad spectrum
- Determine the link budget, path loss, and wave propagation principles for each wireless bridge model
- Develop and deploy internal/external wireless and VoIP networks
- Have proper knowledge about troubleshooting wireless systems and control software
- Expert understanding of testing, measurement, and analysis techniques
- Improve enterprise network design standards, build templates, and maintain documentation of network topology diagrams
- Develop documentation standards and practices for wireless LAN networks
- Improve the enterprise branch WLAN strategy, solutions, and ongoing technology enhancements
- Assist in network drawings and device configurations that clients can use to operate implemented solutions
The Wireless Network Expert must have a bachelor’s degree in either electrical engineering, computer science, information technology, telecommunication, or any related field. Some employers prefer candidates with prior work experience. A master’s degree with a concentration in networking is also preferred.
Certified Wireless Network Expert (CWNE)Certification
The CWNE certification gives the candidate a better understanding of how to administer, install, configure, troubleshoot, and design wireless network systems. The main focus of this certification includes protocol analysis, intrusion detection and prevention, QoS analysis and performance, spectrum analysis and management, and advanced design.
Certified Wireless Network Expert Salary
Find Your Next Job at Field Engineer
For Telecom and Network Professionals searching their next project in the On-Demand Marketplace, FieldEngineer.com provides a one-stop platform. Professional Technicians must enlist their skills on the platform and connect with employers. With more than 40,000 On-Demand Field Engineers, this platform offers many job openings to the right candidates.