CCNP Routing and Switching Expert
The CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) Routing and Switching expert is the specialist who take care of the network strategies of an organization. CCNP routing and switching certification authenticate the skill to design, implement, verify and troubleshoot LAN, WAN, enterprise networks and work collectively with the experts on progressive security, voice, wireless and video solutions.
CCNP routing and switching expert establishes the workflow required in enterprise roles like network, support, network engineer, or technician. The routing and switching specialist procedure knowledge and skills are the core things for this certification, and it provides excellent support to the organization.
Professionals with CCNP routing and switching specialization have verified the skills required in enterprise roles such as network engineer, support engineer, systems engineer or network technician. The routing and switching protocol understanding through this certification will provide a lasting foundation for physical networks of present day and the virtualized network functions of tomorrow.
Following are the job responsibilities of CCNP routing and switching professional:
- To establish the network setting by designing system structure, installation and defining, system standards
- To plan and execute new solutions and increase the flexibility of the present background of IT infrastructure
- To get the most out of network routine performance by set assessment, troubleshoot the network issues and outages, setting up upgrades and cooperating with network architects on its optimization
- To undertake investigations of data network failure in LAN and WAN surroundings through multiple sources
- To safeguard the network systems by creating and applying policies, along with monitoring access
- To administer firewall settings in line with IT security strategy
- To report network operational rank by collecting data through various projects
- To upgrade data network devices to the new stable platform
- To configure routing and switching tools, hosted IP voice services and firewalls
- To provide remote support to field engineers and customers during installation
- To deliver remote resolution and problem finding if issues occur upon early installation procedure
- To commence capacity management and audit of IP network structure and hosted equipment within the IT infrastructure
- To communicate with project management teams, concerned engineers and service engineers routinely
To be successful in this field, you will need to have a primary degree in computer science, IT, network technologies or an associated field. A certification will add value to you as a candidate.
CCNP Routing and Switching Certification
For the network engineers ambitious to plan, implement, confirm and resolve LAN & WAN networks, the Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching certification program provides training on required hands-on skills and best-practices. This program uses practical learnings and allows you to make the most of your time in your training and increases the value of enterprise network.
The CCNP certification is suitable for those with at least one year of networking experience who are ready to progress their skills and work self-reliant either on a freelance basis independently or full time.
The occupation outlook for network and systems administrators, with Cisco engineers, is excellent; data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) suggest that occupation in this field may increase 8% from 2014 to 2024. According to the BLS, the network and systems administrators got median annual earnings of $77,810 in 2015.
As per Payscale, on average, CCNP earns around $ 92K per year in the United States. Working as a freelance network specialist can be rewarding as well. In global freelance marketplaces, like Field Engineer, provides a unique platform for a freelancer to connect with potential employers.