The Telecom Engineer
Telecommunication engineers or telecom engineers are expert in managing data such as voice, video, calls, and text over different modes of communication. They are responsible for designing & installation of the telecommunication equipment and ensure the data transmitted over wired or wireless communication is of high-quality. The telecom engineering field varies from radio and television to Satellite, computer networks and the internet, and optical fiber.
Telecommunication engineer job description
The telecommunication engineer work under minimum supervision as they are specialized in one of the areas: voice, data, fiber optics and, radio and satellites. The telecom engineer job description encompasses the following –
- Design, install & troubleshoot the telecommunication systems.
- Work with the complex network & switching systems.
- Configure networks to ensure smooth transmission of data that fulfills the objective of the organization.
- Oversee new and existing telecom equipment’s, hardware and software upgrades.
- Evaluates technical issues related to computer, server, network, voice and resolve it at the earliest.
Education & Certification –
A Bachelor’s degree in IT related programs or equivalent experience is required to enter into the field of telecommunication engineering. An entry-level graduate may not take up this position immediately but certification programs such as: and working experience can help them accelerate their career.
Skill Set Requirements –
It is worthwhile to note that a telecommunication engineer doesn’t sit in the office & work, rather they work on the site. Few Key competencies of a telecom engineer include:
- Experience with designing and implementation of LAN, WAN, Wireless LAN and WWAN.
- Proven experience with software that is related to telecommunication systems.
- Hands on experience in PC operating systems and network handling.
- Good technical understanding of network hardware, Internet standards, and protocols.
Telecommunication engineering salary
According to Paysa, the telecom engineer salary is as low as $23/ hour and as high as $41/hour. The average salary is $32/hour. When compared this to freelance telecom engineer, they earn as high as $38/hour. Working as a freelancer has its own advantage: no fixed timings, work from anywhere, no routine work, diverse opportunities & high income.
Telecom Industry is Growing & So the Engineers
Since the nature of the telecom engineer jobs varies, it’s difficult for the company to employ full-time engineers. There comes the role of a dedicated Global Freelance Marketplace platform to simplify this issue. FieldEngineer.com is an innovative launch by the telecom veterans whose main aim is to cut down the barriers of searching the certified engineers around the globe. FieldEngineer does a verification check for every newly registered engineer and assures their authorization.
With FE, Businesses need not worry about their projects. Simply, post your job requirements & the Artificial Intelligence of FE will show up the profile that suits the requirement. Select the engineer you want to assign the work & once the job is completed, payment will be done.
FieldEngineer is a hassle-free journey for the telecom businesses. Hire a certified Freelance Telecom Engineer today!