ShoreTel Engineers are an integral part of any telecommunication entity. They are involved in cloud strategy for Private Automatic Branch Exchanges (PABX) as well as network hardware and software, and they perform IP-based installations. They also provide unified communications as a service (UCaaS) solutions for organizations.
Mitel acquired ShoreTel on Sept 25, 2017. Mitel focuses on voice over IP (VOIP) solutions as their core business. Initially, ShoreTel Engineers were involved in the production of TDM PBX systems and the worldwide application of the voice over IP protocol.
Mitel’s most popular technology is called the Mitel VOIP 3300 series of controllers, which was initially introduced in the international market back in 2001.
ShoreTel Engineers, especially those involved with Mitel 3300 or 5000 series equipment, work on commercial applications relating to Voice over IP (VOIP), hosted PBX and UCaaS products, and they build, deploy and scale enterprise-wide communication systems.
Shoretel Engineer Job Description:
ShoreTel Engineer responsibilities include the following:
- To support ShoreTel Switches, Voicemail, IP Phones, Call Center and ShoreTel Communicator equipment
- To install and configure communication platforms using IP-based signaling products
- To write documentation relating to ShoreTel Phone system support
- To monitor and balance equipment use, labor hours and available ports
- To implement New office deployment (Phones, Voicemail, and Circuits)
- To create disaster recovery plans for IP-based telephony and video solutions
- To prepare and maintain documentation relating to the configuration of deployed solutions
- To manage Voice/Video planning, monitoring, performance tuning and troubleshooting
- To perform circuit provisioning and to perform upgrades relating to internet, voice and SIP circuits
- To configure and resolve problems from one endpoint to another and across the entire corporate IT network infrastructure
- To configure systems both onsite and off using remote computing technology
Educational and Certification Requirements for ShoreTel Engineers:
ShoreTel Engineers must have a degree in Computer Science, Information technology or a related discipline. Having a ShoreTel certification gives an engineer a significant boost to their career.
ShoreTel Engineer Salary
As per Glassdoor, the average salary of ShoreTel Engineers is $89,179 per year. Part-time employment can also be a great option, with many rewards that can boost your career In the Freelance Marketplace.
How FieldEngineer.com Platform Helps You Succeed:
FieldEngineer.com is one of the best Freelance Marketplace for freelance ShoreTel Engineers. It does this by letting you leverage your experience toward exciting opportunities. Sign up with FieldEngineer.com to get new projects. With more than 35,000+ freelance field engineers from over 170 countries, this platform offers you a unique opportunity to showcase your skills and take your career to newer heights.