The Cloud Virtualization Engineer is an IT professional responsible for managing the application architecture and deployment of cloud solutions, comprising the public, private and hybrid clouds.
These IT professionals serve as advisors to the organization and stay up-to-date on the new trends and issues. Engineers look to review the cloud computing strategy of an organization either at a client location or on-site. With the rise of the digital platforms, virtualization plays an important role. Engineers leverage their skills and knowledge of virtualization in order to manage client-server virtualization for best productivity.
As per current trends, many servers and much network storage continue to migrate to a virtualized form. Demand for cloud virtualization Engineers will increase. The concept of Cloud virtualization engineering has trended for some time. In 2016, Amazon Web Services, the leading cloud provider, brought in $12.2 billion in net sales. As per Forbes, seventy percent of organizations have at least one application in the cloud. Cloud Virtualization remains an important and valuable skill in the IT landscape.
The job description of Cloud Virtualization Engineer:
The position includes these standard job duties
- To design and oversee an organization’s Cloud computing strategy
- To implement security policies and to secure method access
- To implement, maintain and secure roaming profiles and folder redirection to safeguard user accessibility and functionality
- To perform tasks necessary to fulfill client service level agreements for application and accessibility availability
- To work closely with vendor technical consultants and sales support to resolve issues
- To manage customer account satisfaction from a technical standpoint
- To deliver customized cloud virtualization from different vendors including VMware, Microsoft, Cisco, Dell, and HP
Education & Certification:
To become successful in the field of Cloud Virtualization, you need to possess a relevant degree. This could include a degree in computer science, IT, Networking including wireless technology or another related field in addition to a certification relevant to cloud computing.
Some essential certifications include:
- Google Professional Cloud Architect
- CompTIA Cloud+
- VCP6.5-DCV (VMware)
- MCSE: Cloud Platform & Infrastructure (Microsoft)
- CCNP Data Center (Cisco)
- Oracle VM CIS (Oracle)
- HPE Converged Solutions (HPE)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- Microsoft MCSA: Linux on Azure
Salary of Cloud Virtualization Engineer:
As per Glassdoor, the salary for this position in the US averages $71,319 per year. Part-time employment can offer many opportunities for rewards and career advancement. In a Global Freelance Marketplace, FieldEngineer delivers the best platform for freelance Virtualization Engineer to find the highest number of prospective employers.
How FieldEngineer.com is Helpful:
Interested in IT freelancing? Sign up at FieldEngineer.com now and start your journey as an IT professional specializing in cloud virtualization across the global marketplace. With more than 35,000+ engineers from over 170 countries have already signed up, FieldEngineer.com is the one-stop solution for all of your freelancing needs. Promising career opportunities specifically tailored to your professional experiences are just one click away.